Thursday, October 7, 2010

Braided Bread

I had a baking binge when I was home last this weekend, having been making mental lists all week. Top of my list was having a go at the gorgeous braided bread from this wonderful blog.
The recipe and technique are here, and I did exactly as I was told. It's not quite as smooth and sexy-looking as the model bread loaf, but I'm still pretty pleased with my efforts!


The recipe is a delicious, rich dough, which I am definitely planning to tuck away for future use. There are tons of different ways to braid bread, that I never even knew existed! I can't wait to have a go at a new style this weekend, I've got challah in my sights...

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully braided Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Winston Knot, Amy! I did a tutorial on this on my blog...it's a fiddly braid to get right! :)

    ReplyDelete