Sunday, January 16, 2011

From My Kitchen - Sunday 16th January

My meal planning has gone a bit astray over the holiday season, as we have been in and out and never quite sure where we will be for many evenings. However, I am back to work tomorrow, so some sense of routine will return to our lives, and hence, meal planning returns. The garden is abundant with produce at the moment, and I am thoroughly enjoying shopping just a few steps from my kitchen!

Baking
- none to do this week, still working on freezer stocks and lots of fresh fruit!

Dinner
Sunday - zucchini and mint fritters with homemade tomato relish, garden salad and homemade sauerkraut.
Monday - homemade pasta and to-die-for tomato sauce with kohlrabi and apple coleslaw.
Tuesday - chicken, avocado, carrot and mayo sushi, with miso and mushroom soup.
Wednesday - free-range pork and vege stirfry (kale, carrot, broccoli, kohlrabi, mushroom, capsicum, seeds and red onion) with noodles.
Thursday - Caesar salad: lettuce, croutons, bacon and homemade mayo, with grilled zucchini.

To Do
- make pasta dough
- soak sushi rice
- make mayonnaise

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would love to be so organised. It gets to about 3pm and I think what will we have for tea tonight! Good luck with the new job

    ReplyDelete