Tuesday, February 1, 2011

From My Kitchen - Sunday 30th January

Ok, ok so I've been a bit remiss posting my meal plan for the week. It made it onto paper but many things transpired to keep me busy and away from the bloggy for a few days! Anyway, better late than never, right :)
The garden is still full of delicious veges- we have zucchini, scallopinis, beans and tomatoes coming out our ears; still lots of salad greens, carrots, beetroot, and herbs, among other things. Oh, and my amazing peaches! I grabbed one off the tree to munch in the car on the way to work this morning- now that has to be the best feeling in the world! It doesn't get much fresher than that! Now, onto this weeks plan...


Baking
- loaf bread
- cheese scones
- popcorn (not really baking, but something I need to make to snack on when I am driving the hour home from work)
- roasted curry chickpeas (as above)

Dinner
Sunday - out for dinner
Monday - vegetable quiche (or as it's called in our house, 'La-Quiche-A') with corn on the cob
Tuesday - vege tortilla stack (pumpkin, zucchini, mushrooms, kale, chilli beans, tomatoes and cheese), green beans, corn on the cob and BBQed scallopini
Wednesday - Vietnamese rice paper spring rolls with free-range pork mince, avocado, capsicum, lettuce and fresh herbs filling, with satay dipping sauce
Thursday - chorizo, tomato and basil sauce on homemade pasta

To Do
- make wholemeal pastry
- made pasta dough
- soak chickpeas

No comments:

Post a Comment