Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Personal Fashion Challenge

In some areas of life I consider myself quite a creative person; the clothes I wear is not one of these areas. But I am a visionary, and I dream about the day I walk out the door and people actually notice me for what I am wearing. I want to be that girl who other girls wish they had the confidence to dress like. My neighbour and good friend Sharon is one of those girls. She always looks amazing, styled perfectly in one-off vintage pieces, Sharon is a head-turner. I will often play dress-ups at home, trying on outfits and convincing myself I should leave the house in them. Sometimes I even get dressed up for an event, and then at the last minute, chicken out and change back into my safe clothes.

But now, I think it is time for a change. After too many days of looking in the mirror and feeling drab, I have decided to set myself a challenge. I want to make over my look, to match the person I am inside. I will start slowly, so as not to scare myself back into submission. For the first few weeks, I aim to wear ONE outfit a week that scares me a little, or maybe even a lot. Luckily, my very own fashion consultant and personal cheerleader lives just across the fence. We had a session in my bedroom last night, with me trying on the 'scary' clothes I have and putting together outfits. Because I have actually been buying interesting clothes for a while, but they just never make it out of the house....

So without further ado, here is this weeks outfit:




Where I got it all...

Black slip: Principals
Tights: Farmers
Boots: Hannahs
Pendant: Verabel

This is a HUGE change from my standard jeans and cardi combo. I was very proud of myself and I actually felt great in these clothes! And, I got compliments, which is always a nice boost :)

4 comments:

  1. You look great!! GREAT!! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner, you look FREAKIN AMAZING!! Can't wait to see more stunning outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha I'm just like you! I do that get all dressed up to go out thing, only to chicken out at the last second and change into something plain and safe. Damn it. Well done you for giving yourself this challenge, you look great in that dress. And I LOVE your necklace!!! Awesome stuff Amy. xx

    P.s I love your new dining table too, we are looking for one just like that, $90!?! Choice as.

    ReplyDelete