Thursday, January 12, 2012

House - Installment One

As much as I love our darling wee house, there are things I definitely can't wait to change - like the kitchen! However, this may be a while. So, in the meantime, I am focussing on creating pockets of loveliness around the place. Here are a few:

Half of the lounge

Other half of the lounge

Dining

Part of the kitchen

'Whare Sweet Whare'

Max says 'hey'
The carpet is in a terrible state and the curtains are not my cup of tea, but it will all do for now, as we slowly save up money to renovate.

The master bedroom is actually my favourite room in the house at the moment. It has a huge bay window that the sun streams into in the morning. I can't wait to get a seat built in, so I can have my morning cups of tea there. The garden requires quite a bit of work, and I can't wait to get stuck in! I am going to have to be very careful to balance my time between house stuff and PhD, as both require substantial attention...

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you've settled in! I *love* that leadlight window in the door. However, I must say I agree with you about those curtains... But then I'm always griping about unattractive window dressings, so don't mind me. Hey I see you have the second Grow Your Own Drugs book - would you recommend it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!!! And yes, curtains always suck! Who picks all these damn ugly curtains?

    ReplyDelete